Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Beginning of My Cupcake Obsession

 The cupcakes that started it all:
   NFL Cupcakes

A cupcake with a logo for every team in the NFL.  I made these for my boyfriend's fantasy football draft party. Never in my life had I ever done something like this before.  I just got the idea in my head and I was determined to do it.  The entire process took me about 2 weeks. From the research of different types of icing, to making the templates for each logo. The night I started to make these, it took me 8 hours to complete. The time just flew by.  I had so much fun making these and I was extremely happy with the results. Thus, the beginning of my cupcake obsession.

3 comments:

  1. can you tell me the recepy of the icing plzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and thank you so much for stopping by my site!!

    I'm not sure which icing you're referring to, but I used the Wilton website for both the royal icing and marshmallow fondant recipes.

    Royal Icing: http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Royal-Icing

    Marshmallow Fondant: http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Rolled-Marshmallow-Fondant

    Let me know how they turn out for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, im from mexico and my boyfriend and i love football thats why i want to make the cupcakes, you used both icings? fondant and the royal icing? thanks 4 the help!

    ReplyDelete