Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hello Kitty!


A lady at work asked me to make these for her daughter's 4th birthday (my first paid job).  These were the trial runs to see if I could do it.  I also wanted to show her what I was capable of doing so she wouldn't be worried about paying me for them. Great success!! 

However, she also asked me to make her daughter a small Hello Kitty! cake so that she can put candles in it and cut it and all that hooplah.  I have never made a cake before and I was a little scared about how it would come out.  Here is my first attempt:

I was so surprised that it came out this good.  This was just the practice one, so I'm hoping it comes out just as good, if not better, when I do the real thing.  

Doing this cake has given me the confidence to do even more of them.  While my first love will always be cupcakes, I'm starting to think that making cupcakes AND cakes will definitely be in my future.

STAY TUNED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment