Friday, April 29, 2011

My first paid gig!!!




 9" Cake: $50
Cupcakes: $20/dozen


So, I had to make 24 Hello Kitty cupcakes (seen in the previous post) along with the cake seen here on a Thursday night because the lady at my work was having her little girl's birthday party on Friday.  Well, I guess I really ended up making 2 cakes.  The first one I accidentally poked the center of with my pastry wheel.  If you have ever dealt with fondant, you know that this is not fixable. There are no patches or cover-ups or ANYTHING that you can do to fix a catastrophe like that.  So, I took off the fondant thinking I could just roll out some more fondant and be good. WRONG!!!!  When I did this, huge chunks of cake went with the fondant.  "Hey there giant holes, it's SO NICE to see you!"  I tried to fill the holes with as much icing as I could, but when I tried to cover it up with fondant, it immediately sank into these huge holes.  Time to make a new cake and start from scratch all over again. Yay! To make matters even better, this all rained down upon me at about 11:30 p.m.  Mind you, I have to get up at 6 a.m. so after this little incident, I got a little teary eyed.  I wanted to burst into tears, but I think I was just too tired for all that.  After hours and hours of back breaking labor, I finally finished everything at about 5 a.m.. I just ended up just staying awake instead of going to bed. So, here I am this morning, completely exhausted.  I was going to make some cupcakes tonight for a bridal shower on Saturday, but I think I'm just going to bed instead.  And I was really looking forward to doing those too.  But, to hell with all that now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment