Friday, June 10, 2011

Painting Party

Palette Cake with edible paintbrush

Yellow Palette Cupcakes

Blue Palette Cupcakes

Red Palette Cupcakes

Half-sheet Cake: $75
Cupcakes: $25 per dozen 

I made these for a lady at work whose daughter is an aspiring little artist.  Her birthday party had a painting theme and I was asked to make a large cake with matching cupcakes.  I made some green cupcakes too but the picture wouldn't rotate for some reason.

Overall, I was fairly pleased with the outcome.  I have never made such a giant cake before and that was definitely a learning experience.  I had to do one side chocolate and one side white and then carve the shape out of both.  It took a while to get the shape that I wanted, but I think it came out pretty good.  I wanted to do a border that incorporated all of the colors on the cake, but I'm not too pleased with it.  It came out a little messy looking.  The best thing about the cake though was the paintbrush.  It came out exactly how I imagined it and it was actually easier than I thought it would be to make. When I delivered the goods, everyone was pleased, including the birthday girl which is the most important thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment